Product Placement

It seems that the Alpha Tango flight school in San Antonio that 911 terrorists used for training is also being used to smuggle Chinese illegals into the US in a scenario unconfortably like that of the January 20th report of a dirty bomb plot against the city of Boston.
Is anyone in charge of homeland security? or is it's job really just to hunt down Texas Democrats trying to avoid a quorum.


11 Comments:
They must be doing their job. They checked my bags both coming and going from DC. I got little stickers to keep forever and ever. Cause I am dangerous. They should know that from reading my blog. X)
1/26/2005 10:27:00 PM
Sure, they're harrasing civilains especially women on the commercial airliners but it seems that the Texas border is wide open to Pakistani's who want to shuttle -anyone- they want over the border.
Texas!
And you were wondering if I'd move back.
I doubt it, this guy runs a flight school with just one plane and he's the toast of the town so far as criminal clientele goes.
I know the terror network checked out schools in lots of states, including mine (all of mine, with the possible exceptions of Maine and New Hampshire), but to have a guy who called the FBI after 911 saying he had trained them, now renting his plane out to slavers and border pirates - somebody isn't doing the job.
1/26/2005 11:16:00 PM
Come to think of it, you have the School of Americas in Georgia, eh?
God, Texas is really starting to have a bad reputation. Being Texan is almost as embarrassing as being American these days. :(
1/27/2005 01:22:00 AM
Yes we have the School of America's (now Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation)and unlike others I don't have a problem with it's existance, just how it is run.
I'm glad you brought it up though, EVERY country with a standing military and alliances has training schools where they train their own people as well as foriegn personel. Iraq having such schools was not out of character for a soveriegn nation.
I went through Technical School in the Air Force in Denver with a Jordanian student in the class and went out several nights with Iranians to Disco's we all drank, we all had some good times and we all knew there were fundimental differences in the worlds we lived it, but that we all lived in the same world.
In basic training (Lackland AFB, San Antonio) I got sent out on a detail one day to put knobs on the chests of drawers for Saudi students - they had never seen such things and had some 'interesting' ideas what the knobs on the inside were for, but no concept of how to move them to the outside.
I don't worry about good training in military studies for legitimate purposes, I do worry about closed campus situations like the one at WHINSEC.
1/27/2005 04:29:00 PM
I worry about the bureaucratic nature of our military (that it is self perpetuating.) The military industrial complex issue. I worry that opportunity is linked to joining the military, so that people who want to expand their intellectual horizons are required to do unsavory things just to gain opportunity. :(
1/28/2005 04:47:00 PM
The Military Industrial Complex (MIC) cannot operate on it's pwm - it requires access to the purse and congress controls the purse. However congress appears to be in a rubberstamp mode and is not being prudent in insisting that monies be spent in the interest of the nation or that the military and industrial components operate in a legitimate manner.
Blame the President, Blame the Media, but in the end blame Congress because they are supposed to provide oversight and demand results.
1/30/2005 04:05:00 PM
pwm is supposed to be own - darned cordless keyboards.
1/30/2005 04:06:00 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
1/30/2005 11:36:00 PM
Scratch that. I finally found someone who thinks power resides in congress besides myself.
Didn't want to sound vitriolic;->
1/30/2005 11:38:00 PM
That's ok - I saw both posts.
I have through the years watch both major partys in Congress 'play the game' with our economy, our security, our health and every other part of the Republic.
They are despicable almost to the individual (I must make room for the possible exception, as I have 2 in mind one dead and the other retired).
How is it that a person can enter congress in 1995 bankrupt and 3 years later die a multi millionaire? Corruption that's how, and both partys share in that corruption.
1/31/2005 12:13:00 AM
You know what's really scary, Paul? The comment you made on my site actually was quite easy for me to translate. I have lived in sk8ter world too too long. Throw me a rope, please!
1/31/2005 09:55:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home