// Liberty Lost While you were Watching the Distractions: Tagged
Liberty Lost
This Blog Challenges Fascism

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Tagged

Sheryl, Tagged me with this violation of privacy.
Here goes

Your favorite band/artist:
1. Beatles
2. Cream
3. Alan Parsons Project
4. Electric Light Orchestra

Your hobbies/interests:
1. History
2. Photography
3. Dogs & Horses
4. Technology

Things that scare you:
1. High Voltage (really the AMPs)
2. Radioactive Residue
3. Pork
4. Blind Stupidity

Your favorite fiction writers:
1. The Authors of the Bill of Rights
2. Abraham Lincoln (The Emancipation Proclamation)
3. Robert A. Heinlein
4. Robert Frost

Your three celebrity crushes:
1. Janine Garafalo
2. Sandra Bullock
3. Salma Hayek

What you are wearing right now:
1. Black Jeans
2. Western (cowboy) boots
3. Long Sleeve Railroad Shirt
4. Casio data watch

What you want in a relationship:
1. Honesty
2.
3.
4.

Your everyday essentials:
1. Coffee
2. Green Tea
3. Fresh Air
4. My Family

Your drugs of choice:
1. Tobacco
2.
3.
4.

I'm not going to pass this chain on, Gecko has it and Sheryl sent it to me, most everyone else I can think of has already done it.

9 Comments:

Blogger gecko said...

Past all the thickheadedness (is that a word?) we do have somethings in common. Glad to have been able to make your aquaintance.

5/31/2005 10:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Sheryl said...

Thanks for taking the survey, Paul. That's weird that you and Gecko both mentioned Sandra Bullock. That isn't that actress who was in "The Net," is it?

If it is, she played alongside my sexy choice Jeremy Northam.

I think if I were a guy my choice of sexy woman would have to be someone a little more spunky like Katherine Hepburn in her prime. I also figure Gweneth Paltrow has good energy.

6/01/2005 02:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Sheryl said...

I have a Casio watch too. :-)

I like Casio products. Except for my digital camera, I have always lbeen happy with their products.

6/01/2005 03:12:00 AM

 
Blogger 1138 said...

Initially I had trouble answering the question on celebrity crushes.
I really don't crush on people I don't know - and although I do personally know a few female celebrities, I don't have a crush on them.

The one I listed are women who have minds and opinions on things beyond fashion chatter, they also happen to be smart enough to keep their private lives private. My wife calls them 'strong women', I call them evolved.
It helps if they exhibit opinions that align with mine, but it's really more about the way they exhibit them, passionate, positive, not riddled with hate and bile (Ann Coulter could be one, but she chooses to destroy and distort rather than use the real power of her mind).

I think that as a society, we have still have different standards for women and men, and that's not all bad.

Gecko, RAH Rulez!
I was expecting more comment about my first two choices of fiction writers though.

Oh, and -everybody- as dangerous as all commercially produced food products are, pork will be the big bomb when it comes to transmitting really serious diseases to the general population.
The little piggies take up our genetic diseases just like they were their own, and pass them back to us just as easily.

6/01/2005 03:55:00 PM

 
Blogger Sheryl said...

I guess when I was going through your list, the idea of the writers as fiction writers didn't stick out in my mind. I just generalized that it was a list of writers you liked.

So you think of the Bill of Rights and the Emancipation Proclamation as fiction? Or were you just trying to stimulate debate?

So I'll bite, why did they make it on that list?

6/01/2005 05:11:00 PM

 
Blogger 1138 said...

The Bill of Rights was fact, it is now fiction. Someday maybe it will be fact again, but not likely with folks who use messages from God to interpret the Constitution rather than using the law.

The Emancipation Proclamation of January 1, 1863 was written as fiction and did not become fact until LBJ invested the effort to make it fact with the Civil Rights Act of July 2, 1964.
The same civil rights act that is being undone step by step today, to make if fiction once again.

6/01/2005 05:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Jet said...

Interesting take on the BoR and the EP. The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh?

6/01/2005 08:38:00 PM

 
Blogger 1138 said...

I just tagged Lorraine

6/02/2005 05:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Lizzy said...

>The little piggies take up our genetic diseases just like they were their own, and pass them back to us just as easily.<

Just another reason that I'm glad to be a vegetarian. (For 21 years now!)

6/05/2005 09:47:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


"When marble wears away, and monuments are dust, the songs that guard our soldier's clay, will still fulfil their trust."
"What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of..".